Wednesday 27 July 2011

Who Am I?

To start off with my name is Jacob Blunden. I'm 18 years old and loving every minute of it. I study at Griffith University on the Gold Coast doing a double degree (Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Communication) and am currently in my first year. Last year I graduated from Hillcrest Christian College on the Gold Coast and have lived in Robina all of my life (literally).

So that's the cliched description of who I am. My hobbies (well obsession more like it) would be film. I love any and everything to do with film (well not everything, have you seen some of the crap coming out lately). When I'm not at University or masking my contempt for my bosses at work, I can generally be found either in my bedroom watching some type of movie or at Australia Fair Cinemas ($7.50 tickets for the win).

Every now and then I attempt (but often failed) to write screenplays for short films for even write short stories. I've never really been able to make one of the screenplays into an actual film despite numerous attempts (my friends hate acting, especially when most of my script involve sappy love stories that end tragically).

So I don't get asked (because it's something that I'm often am asked) my top film favourite films of all time are;
5. American Beauty
4. The Shawshank Redemption
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
2. (500) Days of Summer
1. Good Will Hunting

My most hated films (because people always seem to want to bring up those painful memories) are;

3. The Last Airbender
2. Your Highness
1. Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

I generally don't see bad films (or at least try not too) and if I do I generally just try to forget them so I never really dwell on them much. That being said Transformers 2 will never be forgiven and I will hate it until the day I die.

So I guess that's really who I am in a nutshell, I love film and I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts and options on the recent news or whatever comes to mind to do with film.

No comments:

Post a Comment